Friday, June 12, 2009

New York Internship - Equities Research

I apologize for the lack of updates recently. I've been taking some extended downtime following the CFA exam. Also, I've been offered an internship with an Equities Research firm in New York and I'll be starting in early July staying 'til late August. They've already sent me the training schedule so I am very excited to get started.

Admittedly, however, finding accomodation in NYC has proved quite challenging as I am unable to visit locations before I arrive and people tend to be a bit weary of an international traveller who they've never met who offers to take a room they've never physically seen and pay the rent in full in cash upfront (I don't have a USD checking account and bank drafts cost $7.50 + $13+ to send via Canada Xpress Post).

There have also been a few Rotman events as well as mild preparation for the upcoming school year (I have to do it now as I'll be away for the bulk of the summer).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are a star. Your blog is a delight to read. I chanced upon it by way of googling for something and was hooked. I spent my entire day reading all your posts. I think you are very intelligent, academic minded, mathematically driven and very passionate about the markets. I am sure you will have a great career in the investment world. But know what? You should be a teacher. I loved the way you pick up stuff from CFA material and explain them in clear terms while adding your own insights. Keep up the good work. My best wishes.

JDub said...

Wow. Thank you very much. I appreciate it!

Hopefully, I'll have passed the Level I and will start looking at the Level II material and have more posts coming.

Being a teacher's not a bad idea. But I figure some practical experience is in order first. :)

Thanks so much for the comment and support! I hope I continue to post good topics to keep you hooked!