Sunday, April 17, 2011

Back in Thessaloniki

After taking some time to do a whirlwind tour of the Mediterranean, I’m back in Thessaloniki to finish my last class of the Exchange as well as my MBA program: Service Management field trip. I’ve met two of my group members as well as classmates from other teams as we did some basic exploring of the city’s waterfront.
Shown above: Thessaloniki waterfront at sundown.

We have our first official class today. We've already been in contact with our sponsor company and also have our first group meeting today as well as we meet face to face for the first time.

Tomorrow, we have an arranged city tour which I am looking forward to. Also, today is Palm Sunday, which marks the beginning of Holy Week in Greece which is a very important holiday with unique celebrations that I am looking forward to.

I am also in the process of completing my final project for Managing Corporate Turnarounds as my other team members have sent me their parts and I finish up the write up for our class.

After my class is done here on April 21st, there are a few days to spend before flying back to London on the 24th. My flight back to Toronto is the 26th. While I have really enjoyed my time here, I’m looking forward to going home, visiting my sister in New Orleans on the 27th (to drive back to Toronto).

I’ll be spending May studying for the CFA II exam after which I’ll also have the opportunity to visit friends and family in Australia in June and Malaysia (with a chance to climb Mt. Kinabalu and dive in Sipadan hopefully) in July before I return to Scotia Capital in August.

No comments: