Thursday, December 2, 2010

Mergers and Acquisitions – Final Project Surprise

Wednesday morning was the presentation date for our final project in M&A. The Wednesday morning class was given the acquirer of Bombardier and told to pitch an appropriate target for the deal. My team had worked very hard to put together a robust deck for our pitch.

While we were told that there would be two “industry judges” coming to judge our presentations, I was quite pleasantly surprised to see two senior Scotia Capital bankers whom I worked with over the summer (one from M&A and one who covered industrials).

It was fantastic to see them again and our class certainly benefited from their comments. Having worked with these two senior bankers at Scotia, I appreciated their comments and learned a great deal from the high caliber of their questions and the responses of my classmates.

No comments: