Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Passed CFA Level I

I just checked my CFA results this morning. I passed! Pass rate this year was higher, 46%.

Now that I've passed, I'd like to recommend the prep service I used. While Stalla and Schweser boasts tough questions etc. I thought they were too expensive (more expensive than the exam itself) and unnecessarily difficult.

Krikor, a professor from York, is the coach for Passmax, a Toronto based CFA prep course. His style is very to the point and wasted no time (not just doing "the toughest questions" but doing the questions where you have a higher chance of improving). His day-of services were a god send for stressed out candidates like myself. I had failed the exam once in December 2008 and his coaching really made the difference for passing the second time around.

I am not being paid or solicited for a recommendation for his service, but think that the finance industry as a whole would benefit from having more CFA candidates as well as proper assistance in learning financial concepts as taught by Krikor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats!

Chase said...

Congrats. I just checked and saw I passed the level 1 as well today. Any idea why it had such a high pass rate compared to previous years?

italia4starz said...

A few reasons why I think the CFA level 1 pass rate was so high:

1. They sat an exam in India for the first time ever.

2. So many people in the finance industry got canned in the last 12 months & went to beef up their resume. MBA program enrollments #'s are also seeing a boost.

Unknown said...

Nicely done Joshua.
I passed as well, and I bet I was close to the cutoff.
I 70> 7/10 of the things, and 3/10 between 51-70%.. one being ethics lol...

Sanjay Saraf Educational Institute said...

Nice Blog Dear, You have written wonderful article about
CFA Level I
.CFA Level Iis a very important part of CFA and we also provide CA Courses and If you are looking Best CA Level I video on youtube. I want to share with you here is the link YouTube:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjM9Nfl02X4
Thanks.....