Tuesday, February 2, 2010

International Exchange Program - London Business School

On Monday, students at Rotman heard news as to the status of their international exchange program applications. There was a bit of chatter as we heard which students would be going to which schools. Some of my good friends will be going to National University Singapore (NUS), Melborne Australia, Capetown South Africa, and a variety of schools all over the world.


Personally, I was very lucky to learn that I was accepted to attend LBS in the spring (second half) of my second year in the MBA program.


There are many considerations students must make when applying, including finding a school that meets their career goals, geographic preference and how they will represent Rotman when away. Specifically, students consider what jobs they want "out of the gate", what electives they want to take and what part of the world they want to live in.

It was a friend of mine (Rotman '08) who was attending NUS and visiting me in Malaysia who convinced me to go to Rotman to do my MBA and I am forever grateful for the conversation.

I'm looking forward to continuing my blog when I'm over there for Spring of my second year (Jan to Apr 2011) and I'm hoping to have plenty of visitors (in the same manner as my trip to NYC) during my stay.

No comments: