Friday, September 25, 2009

Elected GBC Class Rep for Section 2

I had the good fortune to discover that I've been elected to the position of Graduate Business Council Class Rep for Section 2. I am ecstatic that my classmates have entrusted me with this position and I will work hard to ensure that their faith in me is well placed.

As I mentioned in my speech, the Rotman Recruitment staff has done an excellent job of recruiting high caliber MBA candidates to our school and it is an honour to represent such a diverse and talented crowd. It is my hope that I can play a role in helping each person reach their maximum potential.

Other classes had some phenomenal candidates, however, I would like to make special mention of a friend of mine, Arash. I've known him since we studied engineering together at McMaster and he was a more "typical" engineering student back then. However, even in this early stage of our MBA he has impressed me with his personal development and growth. His speech was in the form of a poem which, besides having good rhyme and meter, was also content heavy as to why he would be great for the job. While he lost out in the election to another good friend of mine, he has displayed an impressive leadership ability and it is my hope that Rotman will benefit from his talents in one form of leadership or another.

No comments: