Tuesday, September 15, 2009

GBC First Year Rep

I'm officially running to be the Section 2 First Year Class Representative for Graduate Business Council (GBC). I was debating before I started the MBA program if I should continue to be involved with student government, and have decided that it would be more a more enriching experience if I could participate.

I was nomitated by Mark Wang, who offered to nominated me after he heard the presentation from the current GBC. The election is next week and a bit less involved in terms of process to what I was used to in undergraduate engineering. There we had a much more extensive process (going to classes to speak, putting up posters etc).

While the process is different, I would suspect this to be quite challenging. Candidates are only permitted 1 minute to speak before the class and we are in a group of very competitive and type A personalities.

Either way, it is my hope that I am given the opportunity to represent my fellow classmates as I embark on my MBA career. I feel I have a lot to offer my classmates as we build the Rotman Brand together through our learning and networking so we can leverage this brand in now and into the future.

As I prepare to craft my election speech, I'm looking to expound and demonstrate the qualities that I would like to have in a Class Rep. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Shweta Tiwari said...

All the best..You have way to go.. :)

Joshua Wong said...

Thanks Shweta! :)