Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Rotman International Fair

Earlier this evening, Rotman hosted it's International Fair. There were a surprising number of booths filling the Fleck atrium. I was expecting only to see the International Study Tours program as well as the International Exchange program, however there were even booths from the American Consulate, CIC, Continuing Studies and even some NPOs for international entrepreneurship.

Personally, my interest was in the international study tours and exchange opportunities. The first deadline for applications is less than two days away on the morning of the 25th, so I'll have to start putting my application materials together. This application is for a study tour in January. There is another tour in May. I've been debating time commitment as I've been told that both of those times are disadvantageous for first year students to be away (January is a hot recruiting time and May is when you should be starting your internships). These are factors I have to consider as I am building my applications.

However, besides the business side of the program, there was a lot of fun activities as well (by activities I mean food). I have registered as a member of the Global Business Association (GBA) and the different regional clubs were giving away great deals of international food, yang zhou chao fan (China), samosas (India), sushi (Japan), jerk chicken (Caribbean) etc.

No comments: