Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Official First Acts as Class Rep

I had an opportunity to begin to make good on my GBC election promises yesterday as I performed my first official act as Section 2's Class Rep. Our Financial Accounting Prof was conducting a mid-quarter (an eighth?) course review and I was required to collect all the course feedback for the Program Services Office (PSO). While hardly the most glamourous of duties, it did give me a sense of nostalgia for my undergrad student council days and a mild sense of elation that also acted as a confirmation that I'm doing the right thing.

Katie, who also keeps a great Rotman blog and was also elected Class Rep for her section, organized a lunch for us (the four class reps) later today so that we can talk about our plans for the coming year to make the most of our time as Reps. The other class reps are good friends of mine: Amit and Thi. Besides the other GBC reps, there are now also elections open for club positions (RFA, MCA, etc) and I've already heard some buzz about people interested in running for various positions so I'm very excited to see more people assume leadership roles as they describe their view of how they can best serve the students.

I have a series of other interviews coming up for Rotman related opportunities and I'll be continuing to post as I have more news in this area.

No comments: