Tuesday, September 22, 2009

GBC Section 2 First Year Class Rep Speech

Today was the official start of the Graduate Business Council (GBC) First Year Representative Elections. There were three positions for each section: Class Rep, Sports Rep and Social Rep.

As you may know, I'm currently running for Class Rep and Alejandro is the other candidate for my section. In talking to friends from other sections, there are going to be some tight races. My boy, Arash, surprised me as I found out he did a poem (with good rhyme and meter) expounding the virtues of his candidacy.

If you are reading this and are a Rotman 1st year student, you can vote for your candidates of choice by following the link below:
http://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/MBAProgramServices/election
(l/p: your R-World Credentials)

Elections are now open (except for Section 2 - I'm guessing ours will open after we hear the last candidate speech tomorrow) and will be so until 4pm on Thursday. Election results will be available on Friday.

2 comments:

Katie Schwitzer said...

Good luck to all! And what do you mean you guys can't vote? Random!

Joshua Wong said...

Well... Not ENTIRELY random... Manny (Mainak) didn't get a chance to speak, so we're waiting for him to give his speech tomorrow before voting opens for us. I gave him a hard time about it!