Friday, September 11, 2009

Peter Godsoe Scotiabank Scholarship in Financial Engineering Award

I just found out that I have been selected as the recipient of the 2009-2010 Peter Godsoe Soctiabank Scholarship in Financial Engineering Award at the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto.

There will be an annual awards ceremony on Thursday October 15, 2009.

Part of my application essay was describing my achievements in finance while using integrative thinking to merge models from seemingly disparate disciplines to describe the mechanics and physics of finance (example: geometric series and EBITDA to create terminal value).

Thank you to all the supporters of my blog and my colleagues for your questions, comments and critiques. Your readership and participation encouraged me to keep posting and find challenging topics.

3 comments:

Shweta Tiwari said...

a hearty congratulations for the scholarship..keep it up..

Anonymous said...

Well done, somehow I know this is just ur beginning :). 8426

Sofia said...

Woooowwww...congrats!

I think you should follow up with a paper on something like "quantum finance" to help find where all the wealth destroyed in the last financial crisis went.