Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Career Leader

Me: "Oh career leader... What should I be? An investment banker or a mangement consultant?"
Career Leader Software: "Uh... I dunno"

After telling the Rotman Career Councellors that I couldn't decide between Investment Banking and Consulting, I was asked by the CCC staff to do the career leader exercise online to help give me an indication of what I wanted to do. They suggested it might help me decide what I want to be. After I finished what were my results? They were (I don't think this is sorted in any particular order - all ranked "Very high"):
  • Commercial Banking
  • Finance in Corporate Settings
  • Investment Banking
  • Investment Management (Portfolio Management and Securities Analysis)
  • Management Consulting
  • Managers in Science/Engineering
  • Private Equity Investment (Including Leveraged Buy-Out)
  • Strategic Planning and Business Development

So, uh... Thanks for nothing? Perhaps I should just be happy it didn't say "Cop" or "Luchadore"

2 comments:

Sofia said...

I'm becoming a Lucadore...it's a noble profession.


Just apply everywhere and see what sticks.

Unknown said...

I cannot even believe you're entertaining the decision. IB, now accept the fact that you'll be someone's bitch for 3 years and no meaningful social life for 7 years. Thereon after, you can start a family.