Friday, October 23, 2009

International Study Tour - Latin America

Upon returning from my last exam, I checked my Blackberry and found an email from the PSO relating to the Latin America International Study Tour. It was the same procedure as before: Go to the office of the Director of International Programs, Laura Wood, and see if we were selected for the tour.

Well, I am very excited to say that I've also been selected for the Latin America tour where we will be visiting Brazil and Argentina. I had originally thought that my application for the Middle East tour was weak, and as a result made doubly sure that my application for the Latin America did not have the same weaknesses.

I'd be remiss if I didn't acknowledge the help of Jenny Mila, a fellow student in my class who had lived in Argentina. She was patient enough to answer some of my questions and dispel my ignorance about that part of the world. She was helpful in providing guidance so I could look in the right places to find out more about Argentina.

I am using Rotman for as much travel as possible it seems, with my Middle East tour in January and the Latin America tour (visiting Brazil and Argentina) in May.

The India tour (also happening in May) has also just released it's candidates and I'm happy to say a few of my friends are also going to be going for that tour. We are certainly going to swap photos and stories as we embark on our adventurous excursions.

No comments: