Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Rotman Ambassador!

I recently got the good news that I've been selected for the Rotman Ambassador team! The Rotman Ambassadors are the students who help give insight to the MBA program to potential students. I am very excited for the program for several reasons, the most prominent among them is that I am interested in paying back the helpful advice that was given to me from previous students when I was selecting MBA programs. Another top reason is that I'll be given an opportunity to boost the Rotman brand by playing a part in recruiting our colleagues for next year.

As I had mentioned previously, a significant part of my decision to come to Rotman (rather than, say, other top US schools) was based largely because of my interaction with other students who, whether they held the title Rotman Ambassador or not, were raving about the quality of the program and the students in it.

Speaking of Rotman Students, I know that there are quite a few people applying for the Ambassador program (walking past each other as we were being interviewed, waiting outside the interview room) and I have to say I'm impressed with the caliber and diversity of potential candidates (ranging from people active in clubs, academically gifted, international students, and other interesting and highly sociable people) and am honoured to be selected. It's going to be fun working with this team to promote Rotman!

No comments: